Monday, July 28, 2008

technology blessings and mysteries

These are photos from my first walk to the Bay of Bengal. I plan to walk through this neighborhood everyday so people become used to me. Sylvia gave me lessons to BLOG before I came. Last night nothing worked for me on the computer, and so I gave up and slept for 8 hours. This morning I am having a little better luck, but still hitches. I have a SKYPE account and I love talking with Tim and Sylvia everyday. What a funny world. I was able to add a few pictures, but now it seems I can't add the rest. I am getting many e-mails from friends at home. THey come to me like little packages of electronic love.

1 comment:

Grace McGarvie said...

Your arrival reminds me of my trek through Europe in 1997-98, when I was on sabbatical visiting European high schools. I tried to send daily e-mails to my colleagues at Wayzata High School about what I was learning. My days were filled with frustration and wonderment, alertness and exhaustion. Travel is good for the soul! Good Luck. Grace McGarvie