Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sylvia was the first of the visitors to arrive. I waited with anxious anticipation. I was at school, and left her information on how to take a cab to the house. My friends were aghast! How could I be so heartless? Arriving in Chennai with no one to meet her? Somehow, I never gave it a second thought. This was one world traveler who was up for India.
Her photos and thoughts say it all.
My enthusiasm was dulled by intestinal woes--a trip to the dr. before she came, and she thought--just a low grade virus--it'll pass. But I couldn't pep up. Was I out of sinq having my family come? We wandered, we traveled, we shopped--but I kept feeling less and less lively.
Tim arrived--a driver this time--and still I had no life. Days and many trips to the clinic. IT wasn't until Sylvia left, that I was properly diagnosed with pancreatitus and correct medicine, which quickly put me back on my feet. My only regret about her visit. Seeing things through her eyes gave me a whole new view--and here it is for you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54728603@N00/sets/72157611603856484/

1 comment:

Linda J R said...

Hi Lauri,
We haven't heard from you in a bit, good to see you back on, and I'm hitting on the day you posted! Happy V-day girl. Glad you got that G-I problem diagnosed, always makes us so grateful for our health to experience non-health. As That-thicht Man says we can appreciate every day more profoundly if we think of it gratefully as a day we are not having a toothache. love--linda